In recent years, the dental world has seen a myriad of technological advancements. These new technologies allow for better patient care and experiences. At The Center for Implant and General Dentistry, we strive to provide you the best care possible. For this reason, we have adopted much of the newest technology into our office, including the intra-oral camera.
The Intra-Oral Camera
The intra-oral camera is a relatively small device that is visually reminiscent of a large pen. It is a high-tech version of the small hand mirror you are accustomed to seeing in most dental offices. Using the intra-oral camera, Dr. Clay Keith can get a better view into your mouth. Images are displayed in real time on a monitor as the device is being maneuvered around your mouth. At the same time, the device can be used to capture still images, allowing Dr. Clay Keith to examine a particular area of your mouth more closely. The images can also be sent off to a specialist if need be.
We Value Your Trust
We value your trust and want to forge a long-term relationship with all of our patients. We understand that many patients have a fear of sitting in the dentist’s chair. After all, you have no idea what is going on during your examination and cleaning. You can’t see a thing while your gums and teeth are being examined with tools you might not recognize. You might not believe what you are being told about the condition of your teeth and gums. Perhaps you would feel better if you could simply see what is going on or would better understand why we are suggesting specific treatments.
The intra-oral camera can help to ease any fears and give you a better understanding of the needs of your mouth, by giving you a unique opportunity to see what we see. With this chance, it is our hope that we can further your trust in us and our ability to care for your oral health.
Intra-Oral Camera Benefits
We believe the intra-oral camera will help to build your trust in us. There are also several other benefits:
• You have the chance to see exactly what we see. This way, you dont have to try to imagine what we are describing to you. It may also help you to feel better about hearing strange sounds or feeling odd sensations.
• With the ability to see what is going on, you can better understand how important specific treatments are.
• You get to become more involved in your oral health. We can also provide you with a set of the images to take home and monitor your progress between visits. You will be able to immediately notice if a condition has worsened and call for an emergency appointment.
• Still images can be taken and enlarged, which allows us to see even the smallest details of the inside of your mouth. This way if anything is found preventative measures can be taken early, stopping a small issue in its tracks well before it becomes a big one. We can also use these images to consult with specialists if necessary.
• Images can be stored on a digital file. This allows us to better monitor the progress, both good and bad, of any conditions.
With the use of the intraoral camera, we can take better care of your oral health. As a bonus, you get to see exactly what is happening inside your mouth during your visit and you become more involved. For more information or to ask any questions, contact us at (903) 231-6605 today!